NYC Nightclubs: R - Z
Skip to: < #, A - C < D - J
< K - Q R - Z
- Remy Lounge, 104 Greenwich St., 2 blocks S. of the World Trade Center (212) 267-4646
- Temporarily Closed.
- The Roxy, 515 W. 18th St., btwn 10th and 11th Aves. (212) 645-5156
- Wednesday is roller skating night (skates available for rent) from 8pm - 2am with a $12 - $15 cover. Friday is a different party every week ($20 - $30 cover) and Saturday is Gay night with Deep House DJ tunes and a $25 entrance fee. 21 and over. Subway: A, C, E to 14th St.; L to 8th Ave.
- Rubber Monkey, 279 Church St., @ White St. (212) 219-0225
- On the first floor they have a Pub/lounge with a back room where they serve food and have a stage set up (check out open mic Mondays!). Downstairs is the dance floor and a second lounge. DJs spin everything from New House to Classics to Hip Hop. Open every day from 5pm - late. Happy Hour during the week from 5pm - 10pm. Sunday is Gay Night. Cover $5 - $10. Age 21 and over. Subway: A, C, E, N, R, 1, 9, 6 to Canal St.
- Sapphire, 249 Eldridge St., btwn Houston & Stanton Sts. (212) 777-5153
- Small dance club (180 cap.) playing a combo of House, Classics, Reggae, Hip Hop, and Soul. Open 7pm - 4am every night with a 7 - 10pm Happy Hour. 21 and over. Cover: $5 after 10pm on Fri & Sat, $3 on Sun, and just a dollar on Monday and Tuesday. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.
- Shine, 285 W. Broadway at Canal St. (212) 941-0900 (see events)
- Primarily an eclectic DJ nightclub with occasional live music. Check out their Live Roots Reggae Sundays ($3). Cover is usually $10 - $20. Ages 21 and over. Hours are from 9 or 10pm - 4am. Subway: A, C, E, 1, 2, 3, 9 to Canal St.
- S.O.B.'s (Sounds of Brazil), 204 Varick St. at Houston St. (212) 243-4940
- Authentic Brazilian dance spot and more. Shows include all kinds of live Latin music, plus Hip Hop, Reggae, and African. Hip Hop shows are 18 and over, all others are 21 and over. Doors usually open at 6:30pm and tickets vary between $0 - $20. Every weekend is like Carnival in Rio. Subway: 1, 9 to Houston St.
- Sound Factory, 618 W. 46th St, btwn 11th and 12th Aves. (212) 489-0001
- This afterhours club is exquisite. $25-$30 cover. Friday is 18 and older, Saturday is 21 and older, and both nights they play Progressive House from 11pm into the wee hours. Subway: C, E to 50th St.
- Spa, 76 East 13th St btwn Broadway and 4th. (212) 388-1060
- Featuring two dance rooms plus table service where you can choose from a whole menu of different waters (hence the name). Open Tues - Sat from 10pm - 4am. Check out DJ Mark Ronson spinning Hip Hop on Tuesdays and Fridays. Otherwise the music varies. 21 and over. Cover charge is around $20. You won't get in wearing fur. Subway: L, N, R, 4, 5, 6 to 14th St.-Union Sq.
- Studio 54, 254 W. 54th St., btwn Broadway & 8th Ave. (212) 517-4065
- The famous and infamous nightclub is back in business every Thur - Sat from 10pm - 4am. Tables are available for a $500 min. with bottle service only. DJs spin an ecclectic club mix. $25 cover. Age 21 and over. Dress code is "Spectacular." Subway: B, D, E to 7th Ave.; N, R to 57th St.
- True, 28 E. 23rd St., btwn Madison & Park Aves. (212) 254-6117
- Medium sized alternative club with two floors, a downstairs lounge, and a small stage. Current regular parties are: Latin on Mon, Latin (with dance lessons) on Tues, Fetish on Wed, Goth (18 and older) on Thur, Retro Rock on Fri, and what has been called the best Lesbian party in town every Saturday. Cover is $8 - $12. Usually ages 21 and over. Opens between 8 & 10pm. Subway: N, R, 6 to 23rd St.
- The Tunnel, 220 12th Ave., @ 27th St. (212) 695-4682
- Five DJs in 7 rooms. Open Fri-Sun from 10pm - 8am (guest list closes at 12:30am). Friday is the "Evolution" glamour show. Saturday is an 18 and over D-Tour show with Tribal/Progressive beats. Sunday is a 21 and over Hip Hop party. Cover is $15 - $20. Dress code is fashionable, trendy or evening wear. Subway: C, E to 23rd St.; 1, 9 to 28th St.
- Twirl, 208 W. 23rd St., btwn 7th & 8th Aves. (212) 691-7685
- Billing themselves as a "special events facility," this lounge and dance club could be hosting anything when you want to go, so give them a call to find out what's going on. They are open to the public pretty much every Friday and Saturday from 10pm - 4am with DJs spinning on the 1200 square ft. dance floor. Cover is $5 - $20 and it is usually, but not always, age 21 and over only. Subway: C, E to 23rd St.
- Venue, 505 Columbus Ave., btwn 84th & 85th Sts. (212) 579-9463
- Two dance floors and a lounge showcase the sounds of three different DJs. Services include a coat check, catering, and private parties. Open every day from 7pm - 4am. Must be 24 or older. No cover. Dress code is casual, casual neat, and smart. Subway: C, E to 23rd St.
- Village Underground, 130 W. 3rd St., btwn 5th & 6th Aves. (212) 777-7745 (see events)
- This West Village club hosts all kinds of parties and bands throughout the week. On Friday and Saturday they usually have Latin/Brazilian music, and Sunday is open mic R&B. Call for show schedule or check out the Village Voice. Open 10pm - 4am every day. Cover runs from $0 - $15 and shows are usually 21 and over. Subway: A, C, E, B, D, F, Q to W. 4th St.
- Vinyl, 6 Hubert St., @ Hudson St. (212) 343-1379
- Home to three of the best regular weekend party's in New York. There's Be Yourself on Fridays starting at midnight ($20), Club Shelter on Saturdays at 11pm ($17), and Body and Soul, the non-alcoholic Sunday House party, from 4pm - late ($15). Subway: A, C, E to Canal St.; 1, 9 to Franklin St.
- Warehouse, 141 E. 140th St., btwn Grand Concourse & Walton, Bronx (718) 992-5974
- The largest club in the Bronx has two floors, three rooms, and an outdoor patio. Friday parties vary, but Saturday is their big night, with House and Tribal tunes on the main dance floor and Hip Hop, Reggae, and R&B in the lounge. $13 cover for members, $15 for non-members. The crowd is mostly gay and bi, men and women. Open 11:30pm - 6:30am. Subway: 4 to 138th St.; 2 to 149th St.-Grand Concourse.
- Webster Hall, 125 E. 11th St., btwn 3rd & 4th Aves. (212) 353-1600
- Lounge and Sports bar with 4 dance floors. Events vary during the week. Open 10pm - 4 or 5am Friday and Saturday playing different dance grooves on each floor: Reggae/Hip Hop, Disco/Top 40, House/Techno/Trance, and Salsa/Merengue. 19 years old or older to get in. $30 cover (reduced admission pass available on their website). Dress code is casual, trendy, and neat. Subway: L, N, R, 4, 5, 6 to 14th St.-Union Sq.
- Wetlands, 161 Hudson St. near Laight St. (212) 386-3600
- After 13 years serving up eclectic live music seven nights a week, Wetlands Preserve will close it's doors on Saturday, September 15th. In addition to music they have an environmental activism center and sponsor city events promoting a more eco-friendly outlook on the city. Shows are generally 18 and over, sometimes all ages, and the cover is usually $8 - $15. Hours: 8pm - late (2am - 4am). Subway: 1, 9 to Canal.
- World, 43rd & Broadway, Times Square (212) 398.2563
- On Saturday night, WWF New York (restaurant and entertainment complex) becomes The World, a nightclub where you can dance to Hip Hop and Techno beats until 4am. The action starts at 11pm and there is a $25 cover charge. 21 and over only. Subway: 1, 9 to Canal.
Skip to: < #, A - C < D - J
< K - Q R - Z