American Cuisine in New York
American cuisine at its best can even tempt those who prefer more
exotic fares. With regional specialties like New York shell steak
with mushrooms, lobster ravioli, or all american pizza, New Yorkers
never need to venture far to get a good meal!
- Alley's End ($15-$21)
- 311 W. 17th St. (btw. 8th Ave. and 9th Ave.), 627-8899
- M-Su 6pm-11pm
- American cuisine served in a nice, quiet and cozy atmosphere.
- Ambassador Grill ($20-$25 dinner)
- 1 United Nations Plaza, Park Hyatt Hotel ( @44th St., btw. 1st Ave. and 2nd Ave.), 702-5014
- M-Sa 7am-11am, 12pm-2:30pm & 5pm-10:30pm, Su 7am-10:30am & 11:30am-1:45pm
- The Grill serves contemporary American cuisine that is sure to please!
- Around the Clock Cafe ($6-$10)
- 8 Stuyvesant Pl. (@3rd Ave.), 598-0402
- M-Su 24hrs
- Take advantage of the outdoor tables during the summer and the multi-ethnic menu items!
- Astors ($12.95-$16.95)
- 316 Bowery (@ Bleeker St.), 253-8644
- Su-Th 6pm-1am, F-Sa 6pm-2am
- Contemporary American cuisine is served here.
- Atomic Wings ($9 and under)
- 1644 3rd Ave. (@ 92nd St.), 410-3800
M-F 11:30am-11pm, Sa-Su 11:30am-12am
- 1446 1st Ave. (btw. 75th St. and 76th St.), 722-8400
M-F 11:30am-11pm, Sa-Su 11:30am-12am
- 2180 Broadway (@ 77th St.), 877-1010
M-Su 11am-12am, closes later on weekends
- 175 W. 4th St. (btw. 6th Ave. & 7th Ave.), 627-9500
M-F 11am-12am, Sa-Su 11am-2am
- This place has American food with better than average burgers, salads and authentic buffalo wings. If you aren't a carnivore, try their delectable veggie burger. "Make wings not war!"
- Aureole ($32pf. lunch, $65pf. dinner)
- 34 East 61st St. (btw. Madison Ave. & Park Ave.), 319-1660
- M-F 12pm-2:30pm & 5:30pm-11:30pm, Sa 5pm-11:30pm, Su-closed
- For luscious American cuisine with a French influence and impeccable service, try Aureole's.
- The Back Porch ($9-$15)
- 488 3rd Ave. (@ 33rd Street, 685-3828
- M-Th 11:30am-11:00pm, F 11:30am-11:30pm, Sa-Su 11:30am-11:00pm
- Here you can find great American/Southwestern style dishes including steaks, seafood and pasta!
- The Boat House Cafe ($26-32 dinner, $29.95 brunch)
- Central Park (@ 72nd St. by 5th Ave.), 517-2233
- W-Fr 6pm-10pm, Sa-Su 11am-3pm
- This eclectic background is a wonderful environment for dining on seafood, salads, and home made desserts.
- Gotham Bar & Grill ($20-$40)
- 12 E. 12th St. (btw. 5th Ave. & University Pl.), 620-4020
- M-F 12pm-2:15pm & 5:30pm
- Gotham's offers contemporary American cuisine with plentiful dishes.
- Jekyll & Hyde Club
- 1409 Ave of the Americas just north of 57th St, (212) 541-9505
- Su-Tu 11:30am-Midnight, We 11am-Midnight, Th 11:30am-Midnight, Fr 11:30am-1am, Sa 10:30am-1am
The Jekyll & Hyde Club is an exciting restaurant and interactive
entertainment center for the whole family with unique shopping in a
bizarre and unusual setting. Their aim is to be the best
restaurant-retail-entertainment company in the world, providing
great food, friendly service, and thrilling family entertainment to
guests of all ages.
- One if by Land, Two if by Sea ($25-$39)
- 17 Barrow St. (btw. 7th Ave. & W. 4th St.), 228-0822
- M-Su 5:15pm-11:30pm
- Good seafood and a romantic setting at the former home of Aaron Burr.
- Pluck U. ($8 and under)
- 124 Nassau St. (btw. Beekman St. & Ann St.), 267-2468
- M-Sa 11am-8pm
- Started by Columbia University and NYU students, Pluck U's has become one of the favorite "wings-n-things" hang outs for both Columbia and NYU students.
- Sequoia ($15-$25)
- 89 Fulton St. (@ Pier 17), 732-9090
- M-Th 11:30am-5pm, F-Sa 11:30am-12am
- Sequoia adds a Caribbean twist to American seafood cuisine.
- Soho Kitchen and Bar ($12-$18)
- 103 Greene St. (btw. Prince St. & Spring St.), 925-1866
- M-F 11:30am-11:30pm, Sa-Su 11:30am-2am
- Over 100 different wines by the glass to drink with a contemporary American dish. Cheers!
- Zoe ($18-$28)
- 90 Prince St. (btw. Broadway & Mercer St.), 966-6722
- M 6pm-10:30pm, T-F 12pm-3pm & 6pm-10:30pm, Sa-Su 11am-3pm & 5:30pm-11:30pm
- Zoe serves contemporary American cuisine with Mediterranean and Asian accents. Try the crispy noodle-wrapped shrimp!