Three Card Monty
Whenever a police car passes by, you can observe how quickly these
games disperse. Sidewalk card games are both illegal and fraudulent
for some very good reasons.
- Two or more people are standing around a cardboard box on a busy street trying to win money by choosing the correct card out of the three cards shuffled.
- You notice that someone seems to be winning; this person is usually working with the dealer to lure people in. People who work these scams know that it will be less suspicious to plant a women or someone in a business suit in the game.
- The shuffler will purposely lose the first few rounds to get you to bet more money.
- At this point, if you take your wallet out, someone may grab it and run -OR- it will be pick pocketed as you watch the game.
- If by some fluke you win, you may be followed and mugged.
How to avoid this
The hand is quicker than the eye and these are pros. Don't play -
YOU CANNOT WIN!