Skip to: < #, A - C D - J
K - Q > R - Z >
- Danny's Grand Sea Palace, 346-348 W. 46th St., btwn 8th & 9th Aves. (212) 265-8130
- Bangkok meets Broadway in this Restaurant Row seafood restaurant. Drop by the Skylight Room for nightly cabaret (cover $0 - $15), or the Piano Bar for live jazz and show tunes (no cover). Check the website for schedules and discounts. Subway: A, C, E to 42nd St.
- Dominion, 428 Lafayette St., btwn Astor Pl. & 4th St. (212) 674-4066
- Lounge/theater with live burlesque cabaret shows every Fri & Sat at 10pm and 11:30pm ($20). Otherwise the lounge is open Thur - Sat from 9pm - 4am with live DJs. Food is served and there is no cover. 21 and over. Subway: N, R to 8th St.; 6 to Astor Pl.
- Double Happiness, 173 Mott St., btwn Broome & Grand Sts. (212) 941-1282
- Incorporating the Chinese and Italian influences of the local neighborhood, this artistically designed lounge is open Sun - Wed from 6pm - 3am and Thur - Sat from 6pm - 4am. 21 and over. Subway: J, M, Z, N, R, 6 to Canal St.
- Eau, 913 Broadway, btwn 20th & 21st Sts. (212) 673-6333
- DJs spin all kinds of tunes here all week. Hours: Mon - Fri from 6pm - 4am, Sat from 8pm - 4am. Cover is $10 on Saturday and Thursday after 10pm. Ages 21 and over during the week, but on the weekend they'll turn you away if you're under 23. Subway: N, R to 23rd St.
- Exit, 610 W. 56th St., btwn 11th & 12th Aves. (212) 582-8282
- Dance the morning away to Hip Hop, Techno, R&B and House music at this 4 level nightclub. You can also chill out in one of their lounge areas if you're too tired to close down the dance floor at 9am. Open Friday from 10pm - 6am (18 and over) and Sat from 10pm - 9am (21 and over). $25 cover. Subway: A, C, B, D, 1, 9 to 59th St.
- Filter 14, 432 West 14th St., @ Washington St. (212) 366-5680
- House music, garage classics, with classic disco and hip hop thrown in for good measure so you can grove the way you want to in their two lounges or out on the dance floor. 21 and over. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 10pm - 3 or 4am. $0 - $10 cover charge. Subways: A,C, E, 1, 2, 3, 9 to 14th Street; L train to 8th Avenue.
- Float, 240 W. 52nd St., btwn 8th Ave. & Broadway (212) 581-0055
- A big dance floor and two large lounge areas, one of which overlooks the main floor. DJs play Trance, Funk, Hip Hop, Old School Classics, Techno, and Progressive European Techno. $25 cover. Dress code is Trendy, no jeans, no sneakers. Open Thur - Sat from 11pm - 5am. 21 and over. Subway: B, D, E to 7th Ave.
- Flute, 205 West 54th St., btwn 7th Ave. & Broadway (212) 265-5169
- This Champagne bar was designed to stay true to it's origins as a 20's speakeasy, with low ceilings and intimate alcoves. They have a large appetizer dinner menu and 100 different kinds of champagne (18 by the flute). DJs and occasional live bands play funky lounge music. Open Mon - Fri from 5pm - 4am, and Sat from 7pm - 4am. Subway: B, D, E to 7th Ave.
- Fun, 130 Madison St., btwn Pike & Market Sts. (212) 964-0303
- DJs play Electra, Hip Hop, and Techno from 10pm - 4am on Wednesday - Saturday, with special events taking place Sun - Tues. Ages 21 and over. $5 cover. Subway: F to East Broadway
- G, 225 W. 19th St., btwn 7th & 8th Aves. (212) 929-1085
- Specialty drinks and DJs every day. Open 4pm - 4am. Ages 21 and over. No cover. Subway: C, E to 23rd.
- Galapagos, 70 N. 6th St., btwn Wythe & Kent Aves., Williamsburg, Brooklyn (718) 782-5188
- In addition to the reflecting pool and industrial-chic interior, Galapagos draws the hip Williamsburg crowds for its nightly music, dance, theater, performance art & gallery shows. It costs nothing to get into the bar, but there is often a cover for the back room shows. Performances Tuesday - Saturday. Film Screenings every Sunday and Monday. Hours: Sun - Thur from 6pm - 2am, Fri & Sat 6pm - 4am. Happy hour Monday-Saturday 6pm - 8pm. Ages 21 and over. Subway: L to Bedford Ave.
- Gemini Lounge, 221 2nd Ave., btwn 13th & 14th Sts. (212) 254-5260
- East Village lounge featuring a cafe in the front Tues - Sat when the weather is warm. Inside a DJ spins House, Hip Hop, Classics, 70s and 80s music. Open Wed - Fri from 5pm - 4am and Sat from 8pm - 4am. $10 cover on the weekend. 21 and over. Subway: L to 3rd Ave.
- Gradisca, 126 W. 13th St., btwn 6th & 7th Aves. (212) 691-4886
- Restaurant/bar with nightly DJs playing Funk, Hip Hop and Italian Pop. Not a dance club, but people sometimes do get up and shake their booties. Open 6pm - 1am every night. All ages, no cover. Subway: F, 1, 2, 3, 9 to 14th St.; L to 6th Ave.
- Groove, 125 Macdougal St. (at W. 3rd St.) (212) 254-9393
- Located just a block from Washington Square, this restaurant/bar has live Rhythm and Blues every night. 21 and over. Open 6pm - 3am during the week, and 6pm - 4am on weekends. Subway: A, C, E, B, D, F, Q to West 4th
- Halcyon, 67 West Street, Suite 228, Brooklyn, NY 11222
- hopeless music nerds... DJs... vinyl addicts... black crack pushers... basically some obsessive over-involved people. Halcyon is about sharing a passion for music and instilling a respect for DJ Culture in a wider community. We’ve gotten into just about every aspect of the scene over the years but those themes have been constants. Open M-F 2-8pm, Saturday + Sunday Noon-10pm. Entrance on North 12th Street
- Halo, 49 Grove St., btwn 7th Ave. & Bleeker St. (212) 243-8885
- Bar, lounge, and restaurant with DJs everynight playing different kinds of music. This place is fairly exclusive, often hosting private celebrity parties, so it's not easy to get in on the weekend. Once you're inside the atmosphere is relaxed and the food is great. Open for dinner from 7pm - 10pm, with a late-night menu served until 2am. Doors close at 4am. Ages 21 and over. Subway: 1, 9 to Christopher St.
- Helena's, 432 Lafayette St., btwn 4th St. & Astor Pl. (212) 677-5151
- Tapas bar where nightly DJs play Salsa, Merengue, Techno, Latin Rock, Cuban and more. Check out their Spanish Garden in the summer time. Always free. All ages. Open every night from 5pm - 1am (4am on Sat). Subway: N, R to 8th St.; 6 to Astor Pl.
- Hush, 17 W. 19th St., btwn 5th & 6th Ave. (212) 989-HUSH
- Supper club with weekly dancing and occasional bands. Dinner served Wednesday - Saturday until 11pm. Happy Hour with 2 for 1 cocktails and complimentary buffet from 5pm - 8pm, Tues - Sat. The club is open Friday and Saturday after 10pm with DJs spinning a mix of dance music in two rooms ($10 - $20, free for ladies before midnight). There is also a Salsa night with lessons on Mondays. 21 and older. Subway: N, R to 23rd St.
- Ice Bar, 528 Canal St., btwn Washington St. & West Side Hwy. (212) 226-2602
- Lounge bar with House, Trance, and the usual DJ party mix. Open Tuesday through Saturday from 7pm - 4am. No cover. 21 and over. Subway: 1, 9 to Canal St.
- Jet Lounge, 286 Spring St., btwn Hudson & Verick Sts. (212) 929-4780
- 230 capacity nightclub with an upstairs lounge open Wed - Sun from 10pm - 4am. DJs change week to week, but Thursday is usually R&B and House music, and Fri/Sat are Trance & Hip Hop. 21 and over. Subway: C, E to Spring St.
- Joe's Pub at the Public Theater, 425 Lafayette Street
New York, NY 10003 Tel: (212) 539-8500
- Named for Public Theater founder Joe Papp, Joe's Pub at The Public opened in 1998. Joe's Pub consistently presents the best in live music and performance nightly, continuing its commitment to diversity, production values, community and artistic freedom. Open 10am - 7pm Monday-Saturday, Noon - 6pm Sunday. To order tickets, please call (212) 967-7555
Skip to: < #, A - C D - J
K - Q > R - Z >