Home to the greatest dance companies in the world, New York is also
a major stop on almost every national and international company
tour. Below are links to the major venues for dance in NYC. For
New York City Ballet
Columbus Ave and 64th Street, (212) 870-5570
Also known as NYCB or City Ballet, this company presents classical works at Lincoln Center's State Theater. Season is November-Feb and April-June.
American Ballet Theatre
Columbus Ave and 64th Street, (212) 362-6000
Also at Lincoln Center, ABT does the classics (Giselle, Swan Lake) as well as some contemporary works. For what it's worth, Baryshnikov and Nureyev have danced with them. Season is April to June.
- Dance Theatre of Harlem 466 West 152nd Street, (212) 690-2800
"A true pioneer in the field of dance, Dance Theatre of Harlem has established new horizons in the history of classical ballet, bringing to it a uniquely American perspective - one born and nurtured in New York City."
Dance Theater Workshop 219 W. 19th St, (212) 924-0077
Joyce Soho 155 Mercer Street bet Houston and Prince, (212) 212-431-9233
Merce Cunningham Studio 55 Bethune St, (212) 691-9751
P.S. 122 150 1st Ave, (212) 477-5288
- La Mama 74A E. 4th St., (212) 475-7710
- Tribeca Performing Arts Center 199 Chambers St, (212) 346-8510
- St. Mark's Church in the Bowery 131 East 10th Street, (212) 674-8112
- Judson Church 55 Washington Square South, (212) 477-0351
Nte: no events in the summer