- Holiday Shopping, New York City
Holiday Shopping, New York City
- Christmas Shopping with No Money by Linda Griggs
- Christmas shopping without financial resources requires you to tap into your other resources --
ingenuity, creativity and humour. This is a listing of stores and areas where you can find great
bargains in the city.
The Intrepid Shopper, Yuka Hachiuma
- What is wrong with me? Maybe it's the fact that the stores are closed by the time I get out of work, despite the extended
holiday hours. Maybe it's the rain that falls instead of the fluffy flakes of snow I long for as I look up at the sky. I have yet to get swept up in the holiday spirit. God knows I've tried... Since the sun shining into my room promised a hiatus from the rain of the past few days, I motivated myself and headed out to see what new stores I could dig up this year. Depending on your holiday shopping tastes, you can either jump to the Original Shopping Guide, Funky Shopping Guide (SoHo only), or Midtown Shopping Guide.
- Gift Ideas
If you are stumped or don't have time to shop, these online buys are sure to please almost anyone:
- Holiday Gift Giving from JandR.com Electronics and gadgets are always good gifts, and J and R has both great selections and great prices.
- Books and/or CD's:
If you know the person well enough, this is a great gift because he/she may not be willing to treat him/herself to
these items. If you are on a tight budget, make a mix tape; it will mean more and be invaluable.
- Holiday Flowers This is an especially nice gift if you are heading to someone's house for Christmas dinner.