Irish Pubs in New York
Pubs are popular places to go for a pint of your favorite Irish beer and a thick, hearty steak or shepherd's pie. Most of these places get mobbed on St. Patty's day, so plan ahead.
- Baggot Inn
- 82 W. 3rd St. (btw. Thompson & Sullivan Sts.) (212) 477-0622
This small Irish pub hosts all kinds of live music plus an open poetry reading on Saturdays at 3pm. Hours: 11am - around 2am, every day. Ages 21 and over. There is usually a $5 cover only Tuesday through Saturday. Subway: A, C, E, B, D, F, Q to W. 4th St.
- Blarney Star
- 43 Murray St. (btw. Church & W. Broadway) (212) 732-2873
"Weekly Friday night concerts of Irish traditional music in New York City. Performers include the best local and visiting instrumentalists and singers." Shows at 9pm & 10:30pm. $10 cover. All ages. Dining available. Subway: A, C, 1, 2, 3, 9 to Chambers St.; N, R, 4, 5, 6 to City Hall.
- 169 Ave A (btw 10th & 11th Sts.) (212) 420-8392
Four to five bands per night come through this local Irish pub turned up-and-coming band factory, covering a broad range of rock styles. Shows are genrally 21 and over and covers are $7 - $10. Bands start at 8pm on weekdays and 9pm on weekends. Subway: L to 1st Ave., 6 to Astor Pl.
- 978 2nd Ave. (btw. 51st St. & 52nd St.), 755-8383
Come throw back a pint at this friendly Irish pub or dine on fabulous Irish/American fare.
- Cullen Restaurant
- 118 St. Marks Place (btw. 1st Ave & Ave. A), 254-6636
Popular restaurant in the E. Village with good Irish cuisine.
- Dempsey's Pub
- 61 2nd Ave. (btw. 3rd & 4th Sts.) (212) 388-0662
This East Village Irish Pub has live Traditional Irish music every Tuesday and Bluegrass every Wednesday. Hours: 11:30am - 3:30am, Mon - Sat; noon - 3:30am on Sunday. No cover. Ages 21 and over. Subway: F to 2nd Ave.
- 433 Park Ave South (btw. 29th & 30th Sts.) (212) 725-9864
This Irish Pub has Funk and Light Rock shows every Thursday and Friday, and Punk, Heavy Metal, and Hard Rock shows on Saturdays. Shows start at 9:30pm and 11pm, and there may or may not be a cover charge. Pub hours are 11am - 2am every day. Ages 21 and over. Subway: N, R, 6 to 28th St.
- Doc Watson's
- 1490 2nd Ave. (btw. 77th St & 78th St.), 988-5300
New York's best kept secret for St. Patrick's Day is here at Doc's. Something special is brewing up here, so you can bet your britches it's going to be fun. Come and partake!
- 531 2nd Ave. (btw. 29th St. & 30th St.), 725-9440
- Judge Roy Bean
- 39 W. 56th St. (btw. 5th Ave. & 6th Ave.), 262-8300
Enjoy the warm, friendly pub atmosphere, plus great Irish and continental cuisine. Try hors d'oeuvres, eight different beers on tap, and a three-course pre-theatre prix-fixe dinner menu.
- Kate Kearney's
- 251 E. 50th St. (btw. 2nd & 3rd Aves.) (212) 935-2045
Irish Bar/Restaurant serving up live Traditional Irish and Irish Country music Wed - Sat nights. Open Mon - Sat from 11am - 4am, and Sun from 5pm - 4am. No cover. Ages 21 and over. Subway: E, F to Lexington Ave.; 6 to 51st St.
- Katy Gallagher's Inc.
- 1267 1st Ave. (@68th St.), 734-2362
- MacMenamin's Irish Pub
- 93 South St. (@ Fulton St.), 732-0007
Imported drinks. Reasonably priced pub grub (burgers, sandwiches, etc.) . Outdoor dining.
- McSorley's Ale House
- 15 E. 7th St. (btw. 2nd St. & 3rd St.), 473-9148
Oldest pub in operation (one-hundred forty-seven years). They brew their own beer, light and dark, traditionally served two drinks at a time for $3.50. They also serve excellent pub grub.
- Muldoon's Irish Pub
- 692 3rd Ave. (btw. 43rd St. & 44th St.), 599-2750
Warm Irish pub, nice clientele, good food and beer, Open seven nights til 4am.
- Murphy's Pub
- 977 2nd Ave. (btw. 51st St. & 52nd St.), 751-5400
- 729 3rd Ave. (btw. 45th St. & 46th St.), 661-3530
This traditional Irish pub serves up traditional Irish music every saturday from 9pm-1am and sunday from 6pm-9pm. No cover charge, 21 to drink, for good food and beer without music come any other time. They are open :Mon-Fri 10am-4am, Sat from 11am-4am, Sun from noon-1am. Subway E F to Lexington, 6 to 51st.
- Paddy Reilly's Music Bar
- 519 2nd Ave. at 29th St. (212) 686-1210
This Irish pub has live music every night, ranging from Traditional Irish jam "Seisiuns" during the week to Celtic Rock on Friday and Saturday. Weekend cover is $5. Bar hours are 10:30am - 4am every day. Ages 21 and over. Subway: 6 to 28th St.
- PJ Carney's Pub
- 906 7th Ave. (@57th St.), 664-0056
The classiest place on seventh avenue. Great food, great beer and a great atmosphere.
- Parnell's Restaurant
- 350 E. 53rd St. (@ 1st Ave.), 753-1761
- Rocky Sullivan's
- 129 Lexington Ave. (btw. 28th & 29th Sts.) (212) 725-3871
This midtown Irish Pub goes beyond the traditional with their line-up of musicians, readings and classes. Music includes Seanchai performing Celtic HipHop every Friday night, Pat McGuire every Saturday, and live traditional Irish and Folk Rock on Sunday and Tuesday nights. Cover is $5 - $10. Ages 21 and over. Subway: 6 to 28th Ave.
- Tir na Nog
- 5 Penn Plaza (btw. 33rd & 34th Sts.) (212) 630-0249
Irish pub with a bar made out of an old organ and live Celtic Rock, Blues, and Traditional Irish music every Friday and Saturday night at 10pm. No cover. All ages. Serving lunch, dinner, and brunch on the weekend. Open 10am - 4am every day. Subway: A, C, E, 1, 2, 3, 9 to 34th St.