Eating Out for Thanksgiving Day, New York CityAlthough most restaurants are closed for the holiday, there are several fine places in the city that will be roasting, slicing and serving on the afternoon and evening of November 22nd. All of the numbers listed below are in the (212) area code unless otherwise noted.
- Caffe Bondi 7 W. 20th St. (btwn 5th Ave. and 6th Ave.), 691-8136
- $39 (kids under 12: $20), seatings at 1pm, 3:30pm, and 5:30pm.
Italian food lovers should try the "If the Pilgrims had come from Sicily" menu at Caffe Bondi.
- Chelsea Bistro 358 W. 23rd St. (btwn 8th Ave. and 9th Ave.), 727-2026
- $45 (kids under 10: $22.50), 12pm - 9:30pm.
The annual Thanksgiving menu at this modern french bistro is usually sold out, so reserve early. Decor includes a cozy, wood-panelled room with a fireplace and a second glass enclosed room set up like an outdoor cafe.
- Fifty Seven Fifty Seven 57 E. 57th St. (btwn Park Ave. and Madison Ave.), 758-5757
- $85 for 3 course meal (kids under 12: $35), 12pm - 7:45pm.
Fine holiday dining in a sleek and modern setting with lots of natural light.
- Gage & Tollner 372 Fulton St. (at Smith St. and Jay St.), (718) 875-5181
- $32.95 (kids under 12: $17.95), 1pm - 7pm.
Brooklyn's famous landmark restaurant serves a rich selection of Thanksgiving entrees and appetizers in a beautiful, turn-of-the-century dining room replete with flickering gas lights.
- Halcyon Rihga Royal Hotel, 151 W. 54th St. (btwn 5th Ave. & 6th Ave.), 468-8888
- Buffet: $65 plus tax and gratuity (kids under 12: $32.50), seatings at 11:00am and 1:00 pm.
Dinner: $65 plus tax and gratuity (kids under 12: $19.95), seatings from 3:00pm until 8:00pm.
The hotel hosts a buffet in the afternoon on the 53rd and 54th floors, as well as a four course dinner in the Halcyon Restaurant.
- Sylvia's Soul Food 328 Lenox Ave (btwn 126th St. and 127th St.), 996-0660
- Family style platters, single servings also available, 12pm - 8pm.
If your idea of holiday comfort food includes sassy rice and southern fried chicken, you will be treated right at this famous Harlem eatery.
- Tom's Restaurant 2880 Broadway (at 112th St.), 864-6137
- $12, open 24 hours.
The famous "Seinfield" hangout will be serving up turkey and the works on Thursday night.