Nightlife, Clubs and Parties
Despite the city becoming more respectable for tourists, New York is still chock full of the sinful delirium that we all know and love.
Clubs by Type
- Jazz Clubs:
- New York City is the "hub" of the Jazz World. All the greats made their names here, and young up-and-comers flock to the city for the chance to prove themselves. The list is maintained by Gordon Polatnick, who offers jazz tours from the Village to Harlem every night of the week.
- Night/Dance Clubs:
- If you want to dance the night away, head out to one of New York's many clubs.
- Nightlife Under 21:
- Even 16 year olds can get into some of these hot spots, at least on certain nights.
- Popular Music Venues:
- Virtually every band that steps foot in the United States plays some dates in or around New York City and the City's rock clubs have a history of discovering and showcasing new acts.
- From sports bars to supper clubs to dance halls with VIP rooms, there are plenty of places in New York for you to find a soft comfy place to sit, drink, and listen to music.
- Comedy Clubs:
- New York City is well known for its many comedy clubs. What would you expect from the city who brought you Jerry Seinfeld?
- NYC Music/Club Links:
- You'll find tons of event information through our links page.
Late Night Hangouts
- Bars and Pubs:
- You can enjoy reduced drink prices during happy hour at many of the city's bars.
- Late Night Dining:
- If it's late and you're hungry, you can count on these places to feed you anytime of day.
- Pool Halls:
- Shoot pool like a pro at one of these many fine places.
- Bowling Alleys:
- If you prefer to sport those lovely bowling shoes for an evening, there are several alleys that are open into the wee hours.