- Bag Of Money Scam
- A person approaches you and claims that they just found a bag of money. They show you the inside of the bag (there might be a twenty dollar bill bundled with a bunch of newspaper)
- They say they will split it with you but they have to make a phone call or something - OR - they say they are going to get the police and they need you to hold onto the bag.
- They ask for "trust money" from you, so you won't "cheat" them (as much money as you say you have on you at the time).
- They leave with your money and you get nothing.
How to avoid this
- Do not deal with people who approach you on the street, they are the ones who are most likely to try to grab your money and run.
- If someone approaches you who seems suspicious, tell them that you would be happy to go the police for them.
- Do not let a stranger force you into making a rash decision. This is how most scams succeed.