Chinese Cuisine in New York
Chinese restaurants are a mainstay in New York; no matter where you
are in Manhattan, there is one nearby! For authentic Chinese food,
New York's Chinatown refuses to be
rivaled. Once you know your way around, check out the following
places for some of Chinatown's best dining...
- Chinatown Ice Cream Factory
- 65 Bayard St. (btw. Mott St. & Elizabeth St.), 608-4170
- M-F 11:30am-10:30pm, Sa-Su 11:30am-11pm
Try exotic tropical flavors that don't exist in everyday American stores. The Lychee flavor comes highly recommended.
- First Wok ($15 avg.)
- 1570 3rd Ave. (@88th St.), 410-7747
- M-F 11:30am-11pm, Sa & Su 12pm-12am
- House of Vegetarian ($15 & under)
68 Mott St. (btw. Bayard St. & Canal St.), 226-6572
Healthy vegetarian Chinese cuisine.
- Kam Kuo Food Corporation
7 Mott St. (btw. Canal St. & Chatham Sq.), 349-3097
- M-Su 8:30am-9:30pm
Combination Chinese supermarket and houseware store.
- New Good Taste Restaurant
- 65 Bayard Street (btw. Mott St. & Elizabeth St.)
- Sun-Thu 9am-10pm, Fri-Sat 9am-11pm
- Superb Roast Duck and BBQ ribs. Unbeatable prices
& taste for seafood. Jumbo Wonton Soup and all the usual favorites.
- Nom Wah Tea Parlor ($4 avg.)
13 Doyers St. (btw. Pell St. & Chatham Sq.),
- M-F 10am-8pm, Sa-Su 10am-6pm
Dim Sum tea parlor.
- Ollie's Noodle Shop ($15 avg.)
- 2957 Broadway (@ 116th St.), 932-3300
- 2315 Broadway Broadway (@ 84th St.), 362-3111
- 1991 Broadway (@ 67th St.), 595-8181
- 200 W 44th St (@ Broadway), 921-5988
- Su-Th 11:30am-12am, Fr & Sa 11:30am-1am
- Noodle shop with fantastic food including great varieties of noodles, dumplings and soups.
- Peking Duck House ($31 & under)
22 Mott St. (@ Pell St.),
- M-Su 11:30am-10:30pm
Former NYC Mayor Ed Koch's favorite restaurant.
- New Silver Palace Restaurant ($20 avg.)
52 Bowery St. (@ Canal St.),
- M-Su 8am-10pm
Cantonese Dim Sum heaven!
- Vegetarian Paradise 3
33 - 35 Mott St. (@ Pell St.),
- M-Th 11am-10pm, F-Su 11am-11pm
Heavenly Chinese vegetarian cuisine. Look for the lunch specials!