New York City Coffee Shops
In New York City, Coffee shops are sprouting out of nowhere. That's
because the high strung life of New Yorkers calls for a good cup of
For those days when pastries and coffee would just hit the spot, try
- Big Cup
- 228 8th Ave. (btw. 21st St. & 22nd St.), 206-0059
- M-Th 7am-1am, F & Sa 8am-2am, Su 8am-1am
- A no-rush community hangout with a nice variety of drinks and snacks.
- The City Bakery
- 22 E. 17th St. (btw. Broadway & 5th Ave.),366-1414
- M-Sa 7:30am-6pm
- Beautiful pastries to go with your coffee.
- 1626 2nd Ave. (btw. 84th St. & 85th St.), 327-1327
- M-Th 7:30am-12am, F & Sa 7:30am-2am, Su 8:30am-12am
- Come and make your own smores at this cozy coffehouse.
- In the Black
- 180 Varick St. (btw. Houston St. & Prince St.), 807-8322
- M-F 7am-7pm
- An espresso bar with style.
- Java Shop
- 1611 Broadway (@ 49th St.), 246-1960
- Su-Th 7:30am-12am, F & Sa 7:30am-1am
- Serendipity 3
- 225 E. 60th St. (btw. 2nd Ave & 3rd Ave.), 838-3531
- Su-Th 11:30am-12am, F 11:30am-1am, Sa 11:30am-2am
- If you like dessert with your coffee, come here.
- Starbuck's Coffee
- On every block (practically). OK... coffee, nice clean restrooms and prompt service. Just keep your eyes opened and you're bound to find one.