Italian Cuisine in New York
New York City's numerous Italian trattorias, cucinas and dessert
cafes serve traditional Italian cuisine and very stimulating dining
environments! For a slice of Italy, try New
Try out some of Manhattan's best Italian dining establishments!
- Baci ($9-$16 entrees)
- 412 Amsterdam Ave. (btw. 79th St. & 80th St.), 496-1550
- M-Th (12pm-11pm) F, Sa (12pm-12am) Su (12pm-10:30pm)
- This fine Italian food establishment boasts one of the best swordfish.
- La Balconata ($5-$12)
- 304 E. 6th St. (bet. 1&2 Aves.) 529-8250
- Recommended by a visitor: "Having returned to NYC recently, I was shocked to find rent and restaurant prices have gone through the roof. I'm currently in the East Village, and discovered a small bistro that changed my mind about getting value eating out. Excellent Mediterranean/Italian cuisine at outstanding prices. Great sevice, ambience-there's an upstairs/downstairs, and the balcony that the name is derived from. I recommend it highly!"
- Ballato ($7.50-$25)
- 55 E. Houston St. (btw. Mott St. & Mulberry St.), 274-8881
- M-F 12pm-11am, Sa 3:30pm-12am, Su 4pm-11pm
- This trattoria is a great value serving fine Italian cuisine.
- Bardolino ($15-25 dinner, $8.95 special)
- 1496 Second Avenue (on the corner of 78th St.) 734-9050
- Bardolino offers superb Italian cuisine in a romantic setting; the $8.95 early bird special can't be beat.
- Carmines ($15-$20 entrees)
- 2450 Broadway (btw. 90th St. & 91st St.), 362-2200
- M-Th 11:30am-3pm & 5pm-11pm, Fri 11:30am-3pm and 5pm-12am, Sa 11:30am-12am, Su 2pm-10pm
- 200 West 44th Street (btw. Broadway and 8th Ave), 221-3800
- Su-M 11:30am-11pm, Tu-Sa 11:30am-12am
- Family style Italian cuisine. Here any one dish can serve at least two people! Be sure to make reservations for parties of 6 or more, before venturing out to this popular hang out! For dessert, ask about the bread pudding!
- Caterina's ($15 & under)
- 213 E. 38th St. (btw. 2nd Ave. & 3rd Ave.), 922-3609
- M-F 12pm-11pm, Sa 5pm-11pm
- Try the chicken primavera at this Italian restaurant. It's to die for!
- Il Mulino ($24-$48)
- 86 W. 3rd St. (btw. Thompson St. & Sullivan St.),673-3783
- M-F 12pm-2:30pm & 5pm-11pm
- Great Italian food.
- Nicola Paone ($42 avg.)
- 207 E. 34th St. (btw. 2nd Ave. & 3rd Ave.), 889-3239
- M-Sa 12pm-2pm & 5pm-9:30pm
- Ask about the tritone and concertino, as well as their vast selection of vintage wines. Reservations recommended, however, ties and jackets are required!
- Presto's ($15 & under)
- 2770 Broadway (btw. 106th St. & 107th St.), 222-1760
- M-F (12pm-11pm) Sa,Su (4pm-11pm)
- Not far south of Columbia University lies this fine Italian establishment. We hear the linguini and mussels are exceptional!
- Rossini's ($40 avg.)
- 108 E 38th St. (btw. Lexington Ave. & Park Ave), 683-0135
- M-F 12pm-11:30pm, Sa 5pm-11:30pm, Su 3pm-10pm
- Sgarlato's Cafe ($15-$25)
- Pier 17, Promenade Level, 619-5226
- M-Su, Call for business hrs. due to renovation. Will re-open March 15.
- Try the seafood fettucine alfredo or the capellini with fresh mushrooms! Yum.