- Arm-of-the-Sea Theater
- Arm-of-the-Sea is a performing ensemble that explores contemporary themes through the ancient traditions of mask & puppet theater. Productions are large in scale, original, and designed to stretch the powers of associative thinking. Each show is highly visual and truly accessible to a wide range of ages and comprehension levels. FMI call (718) 482-5151.
- Ballet for Young Audiences
- Ballet for Young Audiences is dedicated to introducing the magic of dance to youngsters of all ages. Their repertory offers a wide variety of ballets in the universal combined languages of music, dance and the spoken word. FMI call (718) 482-5151.
- Big Apple Circus
- The Big Apple Circus is a not-for-profit performing arts institution committed to kids and their families. For 25 years they have brought the intimate and interactive environment of a one-ring circus under a Big Top tent to kids around the country, and of course right here to New York. FMI call (212) 268-2500.
- Children & Puppet Theatre Repertory
Cleverly performed in English and Spanish simultaneously, these adaptations of well-known tales feature giant life-size puppets, Salsa music, Flamenco dancing, and of course the colorful cast of characters.
At Los Kabayitos Puppet & Children's Theatre, 107 Suffolk Street, 2nd Floor. Take the F or JMZ trains to Delancey. For tickets and information, call (212) 260-4080, ext. 14.
- Literally Alive
- Literally Alive brings literature to life by mining a precious resource -- a child's imagination. Books literally spring to life as the story unfolds with the support of five various art forms: music, art, dance, puppetry and storytelling. FMI call (212) 866-5170.
- Ringling Brothers Barnum & Bailey Circus
- The original Greatest Show on Earth passes through New York City every year.
- Swedish Cottage Marionette Theater
- For over fifty years, puppeteers have been bringing to life magical tales of princesses, paupers, genies, and giants to hundreds of youngsters and their parents at Central Park's Swedish Cottage Marionette Theater. FMI call (212) 988-9093.
- TADA! youth theater
- Each year over 50,000 children will be exposed to the magic of musical theater through a TADA! program. They will be audience members, participants in musical theater workshops and classes, and performers in TADA!'s original musical productions. TADA! was founded to provide kids from all racial, economic and social backgrounds a place where they can develop individual talents while being a vital part of a group. Any child who has an interest in or passion for any element of musical theater is welcomed. FMI call (212) 627-1732.