New York City Broadway Theater and Dance
New York City's Theater District is contained within a thin strip of Manhattan, from 53rd to 42nd streets, between 6th and 8th Aves, called the Great White Way. There are approximately 36 theaters crammed into this small area of the city, most of which host world famous productions nightly.
Standing room and rush tickets are available at some theaters.
TDF vouchers are an open ticket of admission for select events; 4 vouchers are $28.
High5 sells $5 tickets for the best of NYC's cultural events to junior high and high school students (ages 13-18).
- Broadway Shows Shows on nytheatre.com | Tony Winners | Theater List
- Broadway theater offers large scale productions with professional actors and (sometimes) big stars. Tickets often run in the $35 - $40 range, with orchestra seats costing closer to $80 or $100.
- Off-Broadway Theater Shows on nytheatre.com | Theater List
- Off-Broadway theater offers a wider variety of styles and subjects, showcasing work that mainstream Broadway is afraid won't make the big bucks. Venues with 100-500 seats are classified as Off-Broadway.
- Off-Off Broadway Theater Listings on oobr.com: A - H I - P Q - Z
- Off-Off Broadway is very low budget and often extremely creative theater. Venues with less than 100 seats are classified as Off-Off Broadway.
- Dance Venues | Studios and Classes
- Home to some of the most famous companies in the world and with national and international companies making regular tour stops here, you can expect to enjoy a wide variety of dance performance and classes anytime.
Shows for Children
nytheatre.com: the internet source for information about the new york city theatre scene
more theater links...