New Year's Eve in New York City
- New Year's Eve in Times Square
- 42nd St and Broadway
Since 1907, the year of the first Ball Lowering celebration, the tradition of the Ball Lowering in Times Square has become a universal symbol of welcoming the New Year. Times Square 2003 will be a spectacular event, full of sights, sound and special effects.
- New Years Eve in Brooklyn
- Grand Army Plaza, Brooklyn
This FREE event is a "safe party", meaning no alchohol will be sold. There will, however, be a DJ and at least two bands, dancing, and a laser light show.
- Midnight Run
- Starts on the 72nd Street Transverse at Bethesda Terrace
The New York Road Runners Club annual 5K run is punctuated by champagne at the halfway point and at the finish line. There is a pre-run costume parade at 11pm. Usually $25/$30 per person in advance, or $35 on Dec 31. Free to watch. For more information, call (212) 860-4455.
- Free New Year's Eve Bicycle Ride
- Starts on the North side of Union Square Park on 17th St.
TIME'S UP! invites bicyclists & skaters to bring noisemakers and party favors to this free celebratory ride in Manhattan! We'll be riding up to Belvedere Castle in the middle of Central Park. Music! Dancing! General Merriment! NYC's Fireworks at Midnight! & possibly, SNOW! For more information call TIMES UP! at (212) 802-8222 or visit our website www.times-up.org.
- Multi-Level Paddle Wheel Queen
- Cruise your way into the 23rd Century aboard the multi-level Paddle Wheel Queen. Take a front row seat at NYC's breathtaking fireworks display. There will be a live band, a DJ and a comedian on hand to entertain, not to mention the limbo contest. There will also be a 5 hour top shelf open bar, a complimentary buffet and free champagne and party favors.
Docking at the Sky Port Marina 23rd Street & FDR Drive East Side of Manhattan. For more info call Lower Deck Productions at 917-567-7459 or email Lowerdeckp@aol.com.
- World Yacht: New York's Premier Dining Cruise
- Cruise into the New Year in fabulous style with a delicious five-course dinner, open premium bar, a split of Moet & Chandon for a midnight toast, party favors, a night of dancing to our great live band and the magnificent New York skyline as your everchanging panorama. Don't worry, you'll be warm and toasty in the climate-controlled cabins. Space is limited, so please reserve early. Call for ticket info: 212-630-8100.
- Rockin' New Year's Eve in New York Harbor
- Move over Dick Clark, Circle Line has a rockin' New Year's Eve party cruise you won't want to miss. Hot DJ's, full open bar, hors d' oeuvres, champagne toast at midnight and a nightfull of fun. For reservations and information, call 212-563-3200.
Concerts and Performances
- Concert for Peace
- The Cathedral of St. John the Divine
Come to this musical meditation in a candle lit Cathedral. Join special guest stars in welcoming 2002. Show up early for the free general admission seating. Reserved seating also available. For tickets call 212-581-1212.
Beautiful classical music in a floating concert hall. Hors d'oeuvres and wine included. Reservations strongly recommended; call (718) 624-4061.