Address & Phone4881 Broadway
at 204th Street
New York, NY
P: (212) 304-9422
Groups of ten or more, please call in advance to schedule a visit. A $3 donation per person is requested.
Manhattan's last surviving Dutch-Colonial farmhouse was built circa 1784 to replace the Dyckman family's earlier home which had been burned by British forces during the Revolutionary War. Dutch-American in style and constructed of fieldstone and wood, it was the center of one of the largest farms in Manhattan's history.
Located in the very upper reaches of the borough, the farm was occupied by both Continental and British armies during the Revolution. Sold by the Dyckmans in 1871, it was repurchased in 1916 by two descendants who restored the house and donated it to the City. Six rooms are decorated with early American furnishings, and a small relic room contains local artifacts from the war.
The Dyckman Farmhouse Museum has been open to the public since 1916. It was designated a New York City Landmark on July 12, 1967. The museum is presently operated by the City of New York/Parks & Recreation and the Historic House Trust.
Programs at the Dyckman Farmhouse offer classes studying U.S. history, colonial times, neighborhoods, communities and families an in-depth look at the elements of pre-industrial life.
- Reviews of Dyckman Farmhouse