New York City Museums
New York City is home to top-notch museums in art, architecture, photography, natural history, television, radio and technology. Click on the links below for more information.
Museum Mile -- 5th Avenue from 82-105 Streets:
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- Cooper-Hewitt National Museum of Design
- Jewish Museum
- International Center of Photography
- Museum of the City of New York
- El Museo del Barrio
- Goethe House
- National Academy Museum and School of Fine Arts
Other Popular Destinations:
- Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum
- American Museum of Natural History
- The Whitney
- Brooklyn Museum of Art
- Frick Collection
- NYC Children's Museums: There are many museums in New York where kids can learn and play. Our list is sorted by age group so that you can find exactly what you are looking for.
- Zoos, Aquariums and Gardens: New Yorkers love to be where the wild things are, so the urban jungle maintains a number of wonderful zoos, aquariums and gardens.
- Free Museum Hours and Times: Whether or not you are a starving artist, you can see art for FREE at museums citywide. If you can't afford to pay the suggested contributions, a smaller donation can still help support these great museums.