Museum Mile, New York City
The Museum Mile is a lovely stretch along 5th Avenue chock full of museums and other fine arts institutions. If you are in New York for a short stay and need to cram in lots of sightseeing, Museum Mile is a must. The tree lined walk down the side of Central Park is also a nice treat.
Don't miss the Museum Mile Festival in June. Fifth Avenue is closed to traffic, the museums are open to the public, and street entertainers and musicians are everywhere. Click here for more information.
- El Museo del Barrio at 104th Street
- Museum of the City of New York at 103rd Street
- Jewish Museum at 92nd Street
- Cooper-Hewitt National Museum of Design at 91st Street
- National Academy Museum and School of Fine Arts at 89th Street
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum at 88th Street
- Metropolitan Museum of Art from 82nd to 86th Streets
- Goethe House German Cultural Center at 82nd Street